Thursday, August 26, 2010

Wow!

Hubby found a package of baby back ribs marked down to $5 because it was the expiration date. I rubbed them down with Worcestershire and sweet, smoky rub.
Hubby put them on the grill and I made baked beans and stuffed eggs.
I used three cans of pork and beans, Worcestershire, brown sugar, mustard, molasses, chopped onion and green pepper. I didn't have any bacon so I dotted the top with bacon grease from my freezer. They went in a 300 degree oven to slow cook.
We have found the best way to boil eggs is to fill your pan with cold water, submerge the eggs and add a teaspoon of salt. Bring them to a boil, cook for 5 to 7 minutes, move off the burner and let them sit until the water cools. They seem to peel easier and don't over cook.

I peel the eggs, cut in half and remove the yolks to a small bowl. I add finely diced onion, my sweet pickles, ground pepper, a little seasoning salt and Miracle Whip just to moisten the ingredients. You can add a little diced jalapeno for pep. If you like savory eggs, use dill pickle and mayonnaise. The consistency should be a fluffy mixture that will hold a shape.
Place the mixture in a plastic bag in one corner, gather the bag at the top of the mixture and cut a small piece off the end.
All you have to do is squeeze the bag over each egg and fill the yolk cavity. EASY!
Sprinkle with a little paprika or chili powder for a little color.

The ribs were perfecto...
The beans were well cooked...
And all in all it was pretty good!

It was so beautiful out last evening...cool with a breeze. Hubby took the ribs off (they had been wrapped for the last hour of cooking) and set them in the oven. Since I had everything else done, I got to enjoy the evening outside. We ate late and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: