Friday, August 13, 2010

SOME DUMMY

forgot to buy batteries for her camera. I made a pasta salad last night and had everything all cut up and placed....went to take a picture so I could describe the whole thing and TA DA...no power. Oh, well.

I make this salad a lot...it's very good and goes with about anything. It's really good for a crowd because you can make as much or as little as you want.

Bowtie pasta (or any of the shapes, shells are good too)
cucumbers
tomatoes
dill pickles
onion
black olives
celery
ranch dressing
pepper

I boiled, drained and cooled about a half a box of pasta, and added about 1/2 to 3/4 of cucumbers, tomatoes, celery, black olives and onion. Chopped up of course. I use about 3 dill pickle strips chopped - you can use slices - and pepper to taste. Mix everything together and pour on as much ranch dressing as it take to moisten everything. It holds well in the fridge....really good with barbecue.

This heat is about to get to me...if I go outside I melt. The dogs stand at the door and look at me like please don't make me go out. Hubby has been coming home in the early afternoon so he doesn't have to work in the hottest part of the day.

My kids are at the intern stage of their culinary training....son-in-law will be at Wolfgang Puck's new restaurant in Brookside. Daughter will be a Mamadou's here in Glenpool. She has worked for them for quite some time and will be learning the business end. I'm sure they are both happy school is winding down for them. I'm very proud of them both...working, National Guard, school and two babies...I don't see how they do it.

Have a cool day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: