Sunday, August 8, 2010

Oh My Goodness!

I didn't want to stay cool yesterday, so I decided to try out some mixed berry jam. It was only 100 degrees plus yesterday. I thawed out my raspberries and blackberries. I put the raspberries through the food mill and got the prettiest pulp you ever saw. I crushed the blackberries with a potato masher.

I added my 7 cups of sugar and put it on the stove.

I just followed the same old recipe...cooked it to a rolling boil that can't be stirred down, added the liquid pectin and timed for 1 minute after it returned to a rolling boil.

The aroma was unreal...and the color was beautiful. I ended up with 8 half pint jars and an oddball I put in the fridge which we had with breakfast this morning. Very, very tasty...and filled with a lot of love.

Elderberries are supposed to be coming off this month...we are going to go elderberry hunting if we can. They are all over Oklahoma and I think I may have seen some at our favorite fishing hole. We will take our fishing poles with us in case we don't locate berries.

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: