Friday, August 27, 2010

Have you ever tried....

a biscuit fried? You take a can of the cheapo biscuits...just plain biscuits...drop them in hot oil and cook for just a few minutes. WOW! Really good with butter and that jam you made this summer.
I saved the oil I fried my okra in the other night. Heat it to about 350 degees (I used an electric skillet).

Place the biscuits in the hot grease...see how they start to puff.

Turn a time or two.


Lookin' pretty good!

All done....less than 5 minutes. The cornmeal stuck on the biscuits. You can do these in oil that has no crunchy stuff in it...sprinkle them with sugar or eat with butter and honey. They are super with fried chicken.

I fixed a beef roast last night, covered it with mushrooms and cooked it until it fell apart. I added gravy mix to make a thick gravy and broke the meat up in chunks. I made garlic mashed new potatoes with some of the skins left on and made slaw. We had hot beef sandwiches and I served the biscuits with raspberry blackberry jam. Gosh was it good!

Happy birthday to my daughter! She's STILL my baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: