Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Bless Kansas!

We found out where the corn came from...Olathe, KS. No wonder it tasted as fresh and sweet as it was...it was almost local.


We had teriaki chicken breasts which I baked in the oven. I stripped some of the husk off my corn, topped it with butter, pepper, a little garlic salt and cajun seasoning. I put it in the oven with the chicken and baked it about 30 minutes (the oven was on 325). When the butter melts, it carries the seasonings and butter down around the whole ear. It was pretty tasty!

Gonna do stuffed bell peppers tonight - I was not in the mood to do any more salsa right now, so I needed to use the peppers I bought. When I do something like this, I usually make enough to have leftovers - they re-heat well. 

It's too dang hot to do anything active right now...SO, I sit at my little computer and farm on Facebook. My daughter got me hooked on it and I am trying my best to become a wealthy land baron. It's been really fun - I have grown everything in make believe, raised horses and cattle, bought a crop duster, and on and on and on. It kills time! I'm about ready to start painting again, we have been working sporadically on the kitchen and I need to see something finished soon.

Stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: