Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Looky, Looky

We are finally getting rain! I saw these clouds roll in and got so excited I had to take a picture (finally got some batteries). It started to sprinkle while I was outside.


Hubby and Little Man were out and about early this morning. When they came in Hubby said it was pouring in Tulsa. They made a stop in Bixby and he said it was raining hard there. So far here in beautiful downtown Glenpool it is raining steadily.

An update on the lemon pie...we had some last night after supper. I was uncertain about the texture - it wasn't what I had expected after being refrigerated for 24 hours - SO I covered the thing up and put it in the freezer. What a difference that made! It didn't exactly taste like sherbet or ice cream...it was creamy and cold and good! I will make it again, but I think a dark chocolate wafer crust will give it a little oomph.

(Looks like I forgot how to use my camera) This is the frozen pie I had for breakfast this morning...along with a leftover stuffed green pepper. Not very good breakfast food, but I got up at 5 a.m. so it was really lunch time for me.

I'm going to go outside and get rained on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: