Monday, May 31, 2010

Remember Those...

who fought and fell to keep us free. My daughter and son in law are both veterans who came home safely...not unharmed, but at least they came home. The History Channel has been running a marathon of WWII shows. They are very descriptive, but they remind you what our fathers and grandfathers went through in the name of freedom.

I have officially become an Old Coot...I turned 61 today and I don't feel a day over 80! Little Man has spent the last two nights with us and he has learned to dance. What a dance it is...he has to hang on to something to keep from falling, but he twists and shakes and digs his toes in 5 different directions. It's hard to say Good Job when you are laughing!

Haven't been outside yet, we had a little rain during the night - but we are loaded down with squash and tomatoes (yea!) and I'm picking strawberries and raspberries as fast as I can go.

Tomorrow is food stamp day...got to go through coupons and get ready...my pantry is looking puny so I guess we'll concentrate on canned stuff.

Stay safe this Memorial Day!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful birthday!...still loving your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sharon! I am officially old enough to know better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment: