Thursday, May 20, 2010

Oh My Goodness

Hubby and I have just discovered, after 17 years in Oklahoma, that we live in the path of every storm that even comes close to the state.

Last night, after having received nearly a full day of rain, the tornado warning sirens went off..not once or twice, but 7 times. The sky turned every color you can imagine, the wind blew in every direction you can imagine and the lightening and thunder sounded like it was in our back yard.

Needless to say, our "safe spot" in our office room is cram packed with blankets and pillows. I think after last night, I'll just leave the stuff in there for a while.

I was cooking supper through a good bit of this and we finally managed to sit down and eat at about 9:00. I think it was pretty good...smothered hamburger steak and mashed potatoes...but we were a little excited and scarfed it down before the sirens could go off again!

I hope nobody got hurt or damage...it was a bad, bad evening for a lot of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: