Friday, May 21, 2010

Nice Weather...for a while


My iris has started to bloom and it's really pretty. Don't know how it made it through all the wind, but it's just starting to open. The whole clump is pretty big and looks spectacular when it fully opens. We started out with one plant - it must like where we planted it.



This is the patio tomato and you can just about see it grow...those little puppies will be the first to come off. They're about the size of a dime right now and don't have long to go.


Squash is coming along nicely, too. It breaks Hubby's heart to thin out the hills and he grudgingly does it just so I won't fuss.

I got the last of my $1.99 boneless chicken out to thaw so I guess that's what it's going to be tonight. You can certainly tell it's getting to the end of the month by the looks of our freezer. Might be kraut and weenies next week, but we like that, too. I always have meal for cornbread and cornbread makes anything good. There are lots of good sales next week for Memorial Day...it will be a good coupon week.

I'm thinking this will be a good weekend for sweet rolls...I'll share my recipe if I can get them made - it makes 2 pans, one for us and one for the neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: