Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Idaho, Oklahoma

Didn't get to go to the store yesterday...I finally caught what everybody else has had and it was not pleasant around here. Between the snorting, sneezing, coughing and foul tempers I just went back to bed. Even our Big Guy is still sick, but thanks to modern medicine and Granny remedies, today is starting out to be much, much better.

I babysat last night and when I came home, Hubby had pulled out all the potato plants (which I didn't notice because it was dark) and harvested this mighty crop.


We're going to fry those puppies tonight...should be enough for a mess. The plants were getting so big they were crowding everything out - our ornamental stuff was barely visible. We've had lots of berries coming off and I've got collection bags in the freezer.

The squash is getting huge and is loaded with 4 inch baby squash. I like to pick it small - it is so tender and sweet and stir fries like a dream. Can't wait!

I guess we are going to HAVE to go to the store today...our cupboard is bare. We plan on going to Aldi's and raiding the canned goods. Their canned veggies are as good as any - really - and they have a large and varied selection.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: