Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Rain, rain, rain...

has been falling by the buckets. It came a toad strangler yesterday, all afternoon long. Streets were flooded in Tulsa and Oklahoma City, and once we thought we saw a boatload of ducks water skiing in the back yard.

I've picked about 2 gallons of blackberries so far and a gallon of raspberries. The strawberries are not doing anything but putting on runners...I think we got them in way too late to produce. We will have double the plants next year because of the runners, so maybe they will do better. I did get about a half gallon of strawberries so we can at least get some mixed berry jam. I have to finish last season's berries in jam this week. I gave away my last jar and I'm about to run out of what I had opened.

The coneflowers are really spreading and blooming. My big lillies are not blooming yet, but they are getting ready to open. They look like chandeliers hanging from the tops of the plants. The little day lillies are blooming like crazy, we have yellow and rust colors...the field lillies are bright orange. Hubby transplanted some of the iris plants, so (what a wait we have) next year we are hoping the front bed will be full.

Thank you Mother Nature for saving on our city water bill! Have a grand day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: