Thursday, June 3, 2010

Yea! Food!


Finally found a chance to go shopping! We went to Aldi's and got tons of stuff. My food stamps were raised to $115...maybe it's because I'm an old coot now...but it was fun having the extra. I couldn't get it all in one picture, but this will give you a good idea of how much stuff we came home with.

Large eggs were up to $.89 a dozen but that's still cheap. I got celery, 2 pks. fresh mushrooms, Roma tomatoes, 2 lb. strawberries @ $.99 each, 3 lb. Vidalia onions @ $1.99, 3 lbs. real butter @ $1.90 each, 3 bottles vegetable oil @ $1.89 each, 7 CASES of assorted veggies and cream soups, 2 stir fry packages with sauce @ $2.99 each, 2 pkg. 3 and 1/2 lb. chicken wings for $4.46 each (they were marked $2 off each), whole wheat crackers, peanuts, 2 bags of chips, pasta, cake and brownie mix, French toast sticks and waffles, graham crackers, peanut butter wafers and golden cremes (Twinkies), a jar of spaghetti sauce, and 2 cans of beef-a-roni for Little Man. My total bill came to $110.29. Oh, and a bottle of hot sauce. I think Hubby has hot chicken wings in mind for supper tonight.

That leaves me $4.71...enough for fresh bread and milk. I bought no non-food items this trip. We will use coupons for the other things we need...dish soap, storage bags, etc. Plus, my zucchini is about to start coming off, so we should do very well this month as far as veggies go.

I picked my first blackberry yesterday and as you can see, they are going to be nice. I still have three 1 gal. bags in the freezer from last season that I'm going to make into jam so I can make room for the new crop. I gave what jam I had left away...one of Hubby's friends calls it the "crack cocaine of jam", he can't get enough of it. I think that's a compliment.

Have a splendid day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: