Friday, April 30, 2010

We ate the whole thing!


These are the bare root strawberry plants we put in last week. They have all leafed out and are looking good! Hubby and I split our first ripe berry yesterday. It tasted like the berries I remembered when I was a kid. It was just enough to make us want lots and lots more. Can't wait!

                  

This is one bed of our two for the price of one tomatoes and they too are looking amazing. I don't know if the sale is still on, but we got 5 inch pots for the price of the small pots. They were healthy and vigirous looking. Come on, salsa!
 
I had forgotten a website that you may already know about...it's http://www.retailmenot.com/ and they offer coupons and discount offers on just about anything. All you have to do is search for the company or item by name, and they will have codes to enter when you purchase something on line. Sometimes it will be for free shipping, sometimes a discount on the product. Free shipping is really a biggie, as some places charge as much for the shipping as the item itself. Anything to save a dime.

Last night Hubby came in with two huge sweet potatoes and some boneless chicken breasts. He splurged because I am still laying tile and had been in the floor all day. I don't know what it cost but I was so glad he took care of everything. My rear end and my floor are forming a relationship. I have been stripping the old floor and laying new. I get the phone, a glass of tea, all my tools and a box of flooring and scoot wherever I need to go. Only trouble is...I have to wait for him to come in to get me up off the floor. I digress. He put the sweet potatoes in the oven to bake and cooked the chicken breasts outside. That and a salad made a huge meal. What a guy!

4 comments:

  1. I just have to tell you that my husband and I love your blog...We live in Tahlequah and this is our first time to plant a garden..our tomatoes , cabbage, lettuce, all looks good..but our strawberries all look deformed...lol ..we are hoping we get better with time..Your hubby sounds like a wonderful man..we are celebrating our 6th anniversary today.. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon thank you so much...you hang in there with the garden - it is SO worth it. We will be celebrating our 21st anniversary May 15, seems to get better with time! Happy anniversary to you and hubby!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment: