Monday, April 19, 2010

Time Flies...

when you are having fun. These last few rainy days have given me lots of time to spend on inside projects...including a huge pot of spaghetti we've been eating on. Hubby put a beef roast with vegetables in the slow cooker yesterday and it was really good. He used the last of the wine and lots of fresh garlic and after smelling it cook all afternoon we were ready to eat when it got done.

Little Man stayed with us over the weekend. We threw marshmallows in each other's mouth and had a very large time. I fixed him some coupon bacon and French toast sticks for breakfast. He likes to dip them in warm syrup and melted jelly. So does hubby.

My daughter gave me about 3 pounds of cheddar cheese and I made a big bowl of pimento cheese to snack on. Love those freebies! I shredded the cheese, added a jar of drained chopped pimentoes, salad dressing, a touch of Worcestershire sauce, a couple of spoons of olive juice, salt and pepper. We like olives on top and have been munching on that with pretzel crackers I got on sale with a coupon for $.50 a box.

Nobody has brought up THE QUESTION yet...but I'm sure we'll get around to discussing it soon.

5 comments:

  1. Great blog! You've given me some new recipes to try. Your frugality is inspiring! Take care..Clarissa from California

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Clarissa...I have been neglecting things a bit and hope you will come back soon. I promise to do better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love homemade pimento cheese, too...I take shredded cheddar cheese, add chopped green olives & mayo & pepper...YUM! I may add a dash of Worcestershire sauce next time..sounds good! I also make a sausage/potatoe/cabbage/carrot/onion stew that sounds alot like your Meat Casserole. LOVE your site...looking forward to getting some new recipes from you. Bless you! Princess Anna Marie from MoneySavingQueen (formerly 918CouponQueen)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Princess Anna Marie! I'm glad you stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoy your blog. Keep up posted on the recipes and garden produce!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment: