Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Cheapo Hashbrown Casserole

We had hashbrown casserole last night...I got it all put together and ready for the oven early so we could spend some time outside. We kept thinking rain was coming in, but it never did. Back to the casserole...


I browned one pound of my $1.89 ground chuck, drained it and returned it to the pan. Next add a can of drained corn and two undiluted cans of  cream of "something" soup - I used cream of celery and cream of chicken. Stir to combine and add one package of hashbrowns with onion and peppers (coupon item) and mix all together.

Cover and refrigerate to bake later or bake at 350 degrees until potatoes are done and mixture is bubbly.


You can add cheese if you like. My cost: ground beef $1.89, corn $.49, 2 cans soup $.78, and hashbrowns $1.23 after coupon, for a total of $4.39. It was pretty tasty and we have enough left over for another meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: