Thursday, April 22, 2010

Personal Best


As of last night, I think I achieved my personal high of fat intake. Hubby wanted chicken livers again, so I deep fried them along with potatoes. They were $1.54 and I used about $.50 worth of potatoes, so cheap wins out again.


Season about 3 or 4 cups of all purpose flour with Lawry's seasoning salt, ground red pepper, garlic powder and whatever else you like. Rinse the livers and pat dry. Coat in the seasoned flour and dip in a mixture of 1 egg and a cup of milk. Coat again with the seasoned flour and deep fry until they are golden. It doesn't take long, so I fry the potatoes first, then the livers.

I make my own steak sauce using ketchup or barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Karo syrup and a touch of molasses. For a dipping sauce for the livers, I mixed a cup of steak sauce and a cup of my homemade salsa. It's really good.


My blackberries are in full bloom right now and the raspberries are starting to bud. Hubby has little strawberries coming on. Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Looks good. Really good. I'd gnaw off the leg of a gladiator for some fried chicken.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment: