Sunday, April 11, 2010

Herbs

We couldn't stand it any more...the weather has been beautiful and we went ahead and planted our herbs in the front yard bed. We're a little gun shy about putting the tomatoes in - there always seems to be a cold snap that sets them back, so we won't plant them until the end of the month.

The plants are really nice right now, basil and sage are my favorites. We also put in rosemary, oregano, dill and flat leaf parsley. They will produce throughout the summer and I keep the plants picked to encourage new growth. I have a dehydrator with several racks that I use to dry them and store them in glass jars. They will last a long, long time into next winter.

We've been painting the spare bedroom and doing a litttle spring cleaning so Hubby has been grilling dinner for us. Haven't decided what to have tonight, but I'm sure we'll come up with something. Hmmmm...chicken maybe.

2 comments:

  1. Great Treatment.Wonderful post And very informative.I'm very glad to read this blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really an informative article...Thanks for posting such useful All are very precious for me Keep on going....

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment: