Tuesday, April 13, 2010

There Ought To Be A Law...

against cake balls. We went through the first batch like a swarm of locusts, so I got out my handy-dandy cake mix and frosting I got with a coupon at the first of the month...German chocolate with coconut pecan frosting. I mixed it all together and added some chopped toasted pecans. We've been really busy these past few days trying to get a room in our house redone and I was really sore and tired, so I shaped the cake mixture into balls and froze them.

Today, after a visit from Little Man, I decided to dip them and indulge myself. They are really, really good. Really good. When I make them again I might add a little toasted coconut with the pecans.

We got our room done, I laid floor tile and painted and we got a new bed and ceiling fan. When we get the new baseboard up it will be finished. Our entire house is tiled because we have 3 dogs and it is much easier to keep clean. While they are all house trained, they are still dogs and the tile floors don't hold dog hair and are moppable.


We had our good old any meat casserole last night and tonight I'm going to fry some of our cheapo chicken thighs. The grocery ads came out today, but I haven't gone through them yet. I did see on the front of Reasor's ad that they are having a buy one get one free sale. Hmmm...we may have to splurge and buy a few things off schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: