Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Yummo

THE QUESTION hasn't been answered for today, but we had a good one last night. Hamburger steaks $3.49) with mushrooms ($.49), onions ($.25) and brown gravy. I used green pepper from the garden and shopped onions, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and salt and pepper to season...cooked them in my electric skillet and after draining the fat, I added the mushrooms and sliced onions and simmered it until they were done. That and a baked potato was supper, with a pineapple upside down cake for dessert. 





The gravy was really good over the baked potato and we had leftovers for lunch.

I found cheapo sugar a few days ago...it has gone UP, UP, UP and I got 2 extra bags for $2.00 a bag. Hopefully I can get a little more to stash in case the price is still really high when I start canning. I hate to see that...I feel good when I feel like my canning is saving us money. That and the fresh flavors that can't be beat. We're keeping our fingers crossed for a good tomato patch. I plan to make salsa again and fresh tomatoes are a large part of our diet in the summer.

The berries are starting to bud and if they hold up and we don't get another freeze we should be in good shape. We're going to try our hand at sausage too, if my kids will give me instructions. Theirs was wonderful (the garlic and Italian both) and I would prefer that to the store bought.

We're going to check out Aldi's soon, my canned goods are running low and I really like their canned veggies. Right now I'm off to ponder dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: