Tuesday, March 30, 2010

2 Days Left

It's getting close to the end of the month and groceries...we had a package of ground beef left and I made a meatloaf last night. We may have to do leftovers the next two days but we made it pretty good this month. Thankfully I have a good supply of flour and staples, so we can concentrate on meat bargains for April.



With the ground beef I added Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce (which I made), chopped onion and the  last of a jar of our salsa. A little garlic, salt and pepper finished up the seasonings. Mix it all together and put it in a baking dish, put ketchup on top if you like (barbecue sauce is good, too), place in the oven at 350 degrees and cook about an hour. I drain any grease and put drained canned carrots around the loaf. Drop the oven to 300 degrees and put the dish back in. This will heat the carrots and keep the meatloaf warm.



You will notice the ketchup is only on half the loaf...hubby does not eat ketchup on meat...I found this out 20 years ago when I put ketchup on everything. I personally think ketchup is one of the basic food groups.

With the meatloaf  I reheated our scalloped potatoes and steamed some broccoli with cheese sauce. Lunch today will be meatloaf sandwiches.



Our dog Sally likes meatloaf too.

1 comment:

Post a comment: