Friday, March 5, 2010

I think today is Friday

Hubby is enclosing the garage to make a MAN CAVE...we worked pretty much all afternoon and it came out great. Now it's all weatherproof and we can work on the inside at our leisure. This is a major accomplishment as he is just learning to use the shed full of tools he got from his Dad. Some time ago I convinced him he could cut out the wall between the kitchen and living room.
We studied trusses and support beams - electrical and water lines - anything we could think of that might be a problem. He and a friend decided to tie in and go for it. There were no water lines to move thank Heavens...that would have taken a plumber. It took less than two hours for them to remove the sheetrock and simply move the electrical outlets down. After framing in the hole, I can now see everything and everybody from the kitchen. Love it!

Since we were working yesterday (outside in the SUN for a change), Randy said he would love to have some more spaghetti, which had already been prepared. It was just a matter of heating the sauce and pasta, warming the garlic biscuits I had already prepared and boom...supper was done and had already been taken out of my food budget. He has not asked "THE QUESTION" yet, but we haven't been up very long. Guess we'll figure it out later.

I get to babysit tomorrow and I can't wait. Our new grandson is only six weeks old and it's been some time since I cared for an infant. At this point he mostly sleeps and squeaks and I plan on holding him the entire time. I'm going to my daughter's house so she doesn't have to get the babes out so early. Another plus...her tv is giant and Spongebob will be life-sized. She always has fresh baked something around - I believe I saw chocolate rolls the last time I was there. NUM, NUM, NUM!

Hmm, now that I think about it, tonight might be the time for a spatchcock chicken and some veggies. This is a wonderful way to cook chicken, it cuts down cooking time by about half. It's really good on the grill, but we will probably do it in the oven tonight. I'll show you how to prepare it tomorrow if that's what we have.

Have a glorious day!

1 comment:

Post a comment: