Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hobby Time

Wow! We had a great weekend...we cooked out all weekend...burgers on Sunday and the neighbors had a get-together with everything you can imagine on the grill...SO my Sunday meal was a grand total of $3.79 for ground beef.

My kids bought half a hog for the freezer a while back, they generously shared some of the meat with us. Last night we had a pork roast (free) with turnips ($1.19), a pan of cornbread ($.89), baked sweet potatoes ($1.38)  and finished off the deviled eggs (free), for a total cost of $3.46. The pork and turnips were delicious...the meat is seasoned with crushed red pepper, salt and a little sugar and stewed or cooked in the crock pot. Add the turnips and enough sugar to smell the sweet and cook until they are fork tender. They are wonderful.


I got my gourds out yesterday to finish a project I started when I was feeling sorry for myself and never finished. I do sculptures of birds and turtles made from gourds and clay. They are very nice and I have sold quite a few...my portfolio is very amaturish...I had no idea when I was doing the earlier sculptures that I would need to save decent pictures. My bad. Hmmm...wouldn't it be nice to make a living from something I love to do! My career came to a screeching halt after I was the victim of two years of bullying in the workplace. My self esteem and confidence went down the toilet and it has taken nearly another two years to try to overcome what happened and the feeling of uselessness with which I was left. Thank Goodness for my family and friends...maybe there is a spark of light in the near future. It's very hard to forgive and go on with your life, but it can be done.


This is Hoot Gibson



This is Frasier Crane

See you when I finish my turtles - they are looking good!

3 comments:

  1. The birds look great! Did you use fresh or canned turnips. Do turnips even come canned?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tank Girl, the turnips were fresh. The only ones I have seen canned are the little chunks in canned greens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what have you been having for dinner lately?

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment: