Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ninja Turtle

Okay. I keep talking about these turtles I'm making. Got one nearly finished and was going to take it outside to put a coat of finish spray on it. Seems I missed one of the steps going to the back yard, the turtle flew out of my hand (I swear I heard him yell EEEEYAAAAAAHHHHH) and wedged under the patio chair.
 I fell on both knees, tore my pants completely up, and bled like a stuck hog. I scooted on my rear end to the steps and started yelling for hubby to come help me up when it dawned on me...he's mowing the yard and can't hear me. SO...I sat and waited for him to come in the house. He finally came in, stuck his head out the door and said "what are you doing?" I told him I needed help to get up. I may have been delusional, but I believe he asked me what wrecker company I wanted him to call.

When he recovered consciousness, he made chili for supper. He did a good job, too. It was very tasty.

After being wounded, I sat the entire next day with an ice pack on one knee and a heating pad on the other. Randy made another tasty supper, baked teriyaki chicken legs with onions and mushrooms and baked sweet potatoes. Those were some of my cheapo chicken legs, so the meal was less than $4. Guess I'll keep him a while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: