Saturday, March 6, 2010

Chicken it was...

Well, we decided to do the chicken and lo and behold hubby cranked up the old grill and cooked it outside. It was very good, nice and moist and well seasoned.

Dinner cost was chicken ($3.53), 3 half ears corn on the cob ($.21 each), oven browned potatoes ($.50), and deviled eggs ($.59) for a total of $5.25. There was enough chicken left over to make chicken salad for sandwiches for lunch. Not too bad and a really good Friday night dinner.


I babysat this morning with both my grandsons...I haven't been up that early in two years! We did just fine...Little Man, the oldest, has a toy lawn mower that makes bubbles and noise. He mowed every floor in the house at least twice and helped me tend to the baby. We watched Pets and Dora (Oh, Lord, a new song to learn) but unfortunately Spongebob wasn't on. Big Guy, the youngest, and I walked and cooed and sang and ate breakfast, brunch and a snack with naps in between. Just when I was about to remember why only young people have children, Hubby came by and got Little Man to go out for breakfast. They stayed gone lone enough for me and Big Guy to have a little snooze.


No body has asked or answered THE QUESTION yet today...and it's getting time to think about it. Guess I'll get in the freezer and dig around to see what's on hand. Check out the spatchcock pictures...it allows the chicken to cook evenly through at the same time. Works in the oven or on the grill.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: