Monday, September 20, 2010

Long time no post....

Been through some major changes in the last few days and looking for more. I'm getting the painting bug again and am really getting bored with my regular routine. Hubby and I are going to go fishing next weekend...if Granny here can get around.

We had both grandsons this weekend...we did very well except when I came in the kitchen and found Little Man with his shoes off, standing with one leg in the dogs' water bucket. I asked him what he was doing and he said "swimming". Gotta give him an E for effort.

This was the start of my goulash the other night...browned the ground beef and added onion and green pepper...seasoned with cumin, salt, pepper and chili powder. I added 3 cans of stewed tomatoes and a can of tomato sauce. After it simmered and the veggies cooked through I boiled elbow macaroni and added it to the pot.


The baked sweet potatoes were left over and I peeled them, cut them up and browned them in a little butter.  It was pretty good and filled us up. Best of all it was cheap!

Hubby finally cut the okra down and all we have left is 2 pepper plants. We were so fortunate to have such a nice garden this year. Our freezer is full and we have a bounty of canned stuff on hand. We have definitely decided to re-work the garden for next year so we can plant and harvest more easily.

Life is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: