Saturday, October 2, 2010

This is the boy....


that spilled the paint...


that he then walked in and took off down the hall. The dog then proceeded to walk through the paint on the floor, slipped, fell down and covered herself in a lovely shade of cream. She then took off in the opposite direction from Little Man to the front door. I took her outside, got Little Man's shoes off and started cleaning up paint. Please keep in mind that while this Lucy and Ethel episode is going on, Big Guy is screaming at the top of his lungs in his playpen.

I got most of the puddle cleaned up and went and got the dog, who by this time was totally mortified to be running around in a coat of paint, put her in the tub and bathed her. I had much good help from Little Man. Got the dog out of the tub, wrapped her in towels and took her in the living room. Big Guy apparently thought that was fine because he finally quit screaming and smiled. Little Man sat down with the dog and helped dry her off. I went back down the hall to assess the damages (new flooring, remember) and stepped in a huge puddle of lemonade that my little buddy had dropped on the floor.

I wiped up footprints, pawprints and lemonade off the floor. By then, I was sweating, shaking and cursing. Big Guy had stopped screaming, the dog was getting dry, Little Man was seated and calm, so I thought I'd sit down myself. HAH! That's when I looked at my shoes - covered with paint...my sweats - covered with paint...Hubby's office chair - not quite covered with paint but painted anyway...Hubby's desk - a dash of paint here and there, and my hands - paint dried under my fingernails and on my skin. I got a dish scrubber and took care of that.

The dog still has a bit of a cream colored butt but she will just have to grin and bear it. Son-in-law came to pick them up after he got off work at 10 p.m. and the little angels were sleeping with little smiles on their faces. Son-in-law said "Awwww...aren't they sweet?" Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: