Monday, September 13, 2010

I Never Knowed....

that biscuits explode! So here I am in the kitchen. I was about to open a can of biscuits to fry for supper. I peeled the wrapping away from the can and POW...the can blew up. I had biscuit dough on the icebox, in the floor, on the sink and on the cabinet. After a string of not nice words, a half roll of paper towels and about 15 minutes, I finally got it cleaned up. Brave and determined, I opened another can without a problem. That stuff could be used to mine gold or move rocks.

On to supper...Hubby did a spatchcock chicken on the grill and I fried new potatoes and biscuits. Looked good and tasted good.


We've been eating late because it's so nice outside in the evenings now. Cool and breezy and lots of migrating butterflies. Some of the tree spiders are coming out late to make webs and we watch them work. Sometimes we help them out by catching moths and tossing them into the nets. Interesting to watch.

Our neighbors' dogs had pups about a month ago...registered German Shepherds...and they are beautiful. They had 8 and lost 2...but the remaining 6 are healthy and feisty. This was mom's first litter and she stays close. One is a sable color - I had never seen one and she is really pretty. Same markings as the black and brown ones, just a beautiful sable color instead of black. When the owner brings them out, she puts them on an old blanket and slides them around to the front yard. They are trying very hard to motivate...some crawl and some are learning to walk. I am a sucker for puppies. It's a good thing we don't have a farm because I guess between me and Hubby we would have at least one of every kind of animal.

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: