Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I like fried...

anything! Made fish cakes for supper...fried of course.
I drained 4 cans of tuna.

Crush 1 sleeve of soda crackers...or whatever kind of crackers you have.

To the drained tuna add 1 egg per can of tuna used, chopped onion,  whatever seasoning you like, and the sleeve of crushed crackers. I use pepper and very little Cajun seasoning. The crackers are salted so be careful with the salt.

Mix it all up and shape like hamburger patties.

Fry in hot grease. As you can see I got 7 generous patties from the mixture.

When they are golden brown, remove from heat and drain on a paper towel.

These make really good fish sandwiches. Hubby eats them with mustard, I eat them with ketchup because I thing ketchup should be one of the basic food groups. We had greens and potatoes with these and I made a pan of brownies with toasted pecans and chocolate chips for dessert. MMMMMM....chocolate!

New Year's was very quiet - we don't go out any more, too many crazies on the road. A couple of neighbors dropped by and we had a good visit in front of the fire. At midnight, we waved a dollar bill out the front door and called it a night.

Next day we had our pork roast, black-eyed peas, cornbread, greens and fried potatoes.


Can't beat good company and good food! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: