Tuesday, June 14, 2011

What does one do...

when one is frustrated, bored, cross and just generally out of sorts? One decides to pick up where she left off and do something constructive.

I believe that I mentioned before that Hubby has a friend who loves hot salsa - the hotter the better. We made him a batch that would scorch asbestos and he said it was good, just not hot enough. SO...we decided to go for the big heat.


I used the same salsa recipe and last summer's frozen tomatoes.


I also had some habaneros in the freezer.


I chopped them up fine...note the gloves


Chopped the onions, garlic coarsly...


Out of the 3 cups of chopped peppers the recipe calls for, I use 1 and 1/2 cups of habanero. After combining the rest of the ingredients I let it simmer until the right consistency and...



had to wear a respirator mask because of the fumes. Hubby and I were afraid to taste it but I finally worked up the nerve. Less than a half teaspoon of the liquid is all I could manage. It started out with a really good salsa taste and then the heat slapped me in the face.

I canned the molton lava according to the directions and it really came out pretty. We distsributed the stuff to everybody we thought could stand it. Hubby's friend got 2 quarts.

Hubby checked on his buddy a day or so later and his buddy said "Now THAT was salsa!" Apparently he looked at the jars til he couldn't stand it any more, (he owns a convenience store and was working that day) so he got a bag of chips and opened the jar right then.

We did keep a jar and eat just a spoon full on cooked greens. It really peps things up!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: